An object is in a vertical position when it is aligned in an "up-down" direction, roughly speaking perpendicular to the horizon or horizontal plane.
In science, it can also refer to:
- Vertical direction, the direction aligned with the direction of the force of gravity, as materialized with a plumb line
- Vertical (music), a musical interval where the two notes sound simultaneously
- Vertical (network), the portion of network cabling that runs between floors, usually considered the backbone network
- Vertical, is a French art gallery (Paris) which presents vegetal sculptures.
- Vertical blinds, a type of window blind
- Vertical jump, a measure of how high an individual or athlete can elevate off the ground from a standstill
In a Vertical wine tasting different vintages of the same wine type from the same winery are tasted.
- Horizontal (disambiguation)
verticality in Danish: Lodret
verticality in German: Vertikale
verticality in Spanish: Vertical
verticality in Esperanto: Vertikalo
verticality in French: Verticale
verticality in Dutch: Verticaal
verticality in Japanese: 上下
verticality in Swedish: Vertikal